BeyondCorp Google’s new Approach to Security – we need to know EVERYTHING about the user – in order to trust the user – The Age of Surveillance Capitalism
- cross OS (so runs almost anywhere where there is a www browser)
- massive security problem (hackers using js can actually scan and attack any network in which a js program is downloaded and running INSIDE THE BROWSER)
- massive privacy problem (google js is embedded in almost ANY website)
- so even when the user does not use google, google js embedded on 99.9% of websites can still spy on the user (try to read and collect as much data about the user as possible… not only screen size… )
- what makes things even worse is…
- to display content (bad bad bad)
- to render layouts (this is just bad programming, any website should render fine with html + css alone… if the user wants the animations… okay enable some js in NoScript Addon (not necessarily all)
what to do?
- install NoScript and allow only the really really necessary js to run (usually websites run fine without all js enabled, as a lot of js is just there for data collection aka spying)
- for firefox
- it is not the user’s fault if 90% of website mis-use technology
- send a friendly complaint mail to every website owner that does not render without js 1) nice website would really want to use it, but… 2) over-use of js is catastrophic puts the user’s privacy and user’s data in danger
tools to test user’s browser
js generated problems:
SecurityLab, [10.11.20 15:10]
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!