The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: “be careful what you reveal to your friend” (the internet) https://irlpodcast.org/season4/episode5/
“where it has gone from defending America to controlling it”
data google tries to collect from users:
(it is probably only the tip of the iceberg)
what if – instead of security – Google wants mass surveillance and a direct uplink to the US-Pentagon to blow all “terrorists” (basically anyone who is against Google) to hell?
this age of mass surveillance…
… who is observing “the observers”?
as long as EVIL pays off (incentive) this (man made) world will be EVIL
BeyondCorp: Google’s new Approach to Security: we need to know EVERYTHING about the user, in order to trust the user
is a foul game and it won’t work X-D
this approach does not have security in mind, but a hidden political agenda, that can only come out of a very evil and power addicted (ex)CEO’s mind with only one goal:
to “take over” the world
After all: identities can be stolen, just look at “Sim Swapping”
So in short: Google wants to rule the world
in order to rule the world they need you to give them all your data – so the Google-KI (controlled by the US Pentagon) can now – if it should destroy you or not.
more details please: Google the BigBrother from 1984
- instead of firewalls (from what network is user coming from)
- Google wants to give access based on very detailed informations they have on the user
“instead we identify them because of the device they have in their pocket or their backpack” (src: https://youtu.be/d90Ov6QM1jE?t=539)
“we move all of their identification to their device” (src: https://youtu.be/d90Ov6QM1jE?t=539)
= this of course only works, if you can very very very carefully identify people = which is exactly what the NSA does = which means: “we (Google, Pentagon, NSA) need to know EVERYTHING about you, so give us access to all your devices and data, this approach requires DETAILED MASS SURVEILLANCE
what Snowden calls: “building perfect records of people’s lifes” (where no detail is left out, so they will even know how often you have used the toilet today and what color the sh** had)
this IS the BigBrother dystopia Orwell warned about
for those who missed his last words here they are – again.:
free open source hardware: what can users do?
where the user controls the program
not the program controls the user
- ask and pay (!) for products that respect the user’s privacy
- COVER TAPE FRONT CAM OF (surveillance) SmartPhone
- use great Open Source software like the easy to install GNU Linux Debian 10
- use LibreOffice instead of M$ Office or Google Docs
- it is Java based and works well (Writer = Word, Calc = Excel)
- use Mozilla (ex Netscape) Firefox instead of Chrome browser!
- it is available for ALL PLATFORMS (Windows, OSX, Linux)
- even as App for Android and IPhone
- while surely not perfect, Mozilla at least seems to try to protect the user’s private data (aka not upload it to Google/Facebook)
- alternative Smart Phones
- affordable! Pine64Phone NICE! https://www.pine64.org/pinephone/
- well at $749.00 it is rather pricey but still cheaper than the latest IPhone (which is guranteed to spy on the user)
- remove Google from existing SmartPhones
- alternatives to Google:
- alternatives to gmail: https://mail.tutanota.com/
- use Thunderbird and Enigmail
- it will store the user’s mails ONLY in encrypted format (even when using gmail’s infrastructure)
- stay away from the cloud madness as much as the user can
- only share absolutely essential data with “the cloud” aka hybrid-cloud where the user stores 100% of data on a local server and uploads only the data that is not privacy intrusive and that really needs to be easily accessible via clouds
- instead of: cloud per default
- now the toughest: uninstall WhatsApp, WeChat and Telegram or move on to a different device not installing those Apps there
- they are all privacy intruding Apps
- or: remove the sim card, move the sim card over to (of course) Librem 5 or LineageOS enabled Phone
- leave the non-sim enabled phone with WhatsApp, WeChat and Telegram at home, not carrying around
- with a little investment! it can be done! see “building a RISCV based computer”
- this also needs to be done “ANYWAY” if citizens should be able to compute safely and securely in order to tackle the Intel SPECTRE and MELTDOWN problems
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!