this age of mass surveillance…
… who is observing “the observers”?
probably THE most important film, that every school kid (of the age of 16) should have seen
(highly recommend to cut out the violent scenes)
1984 mass surveillance: for a better world?
as people might have noticed: privacy is survival critical when a state becomes tyranny.
short version: 1984 needs to be avoided at any cost.
because: it is evil. (Google did not drop it’s motto “don’t be evil” for nothing)
in essence: 1984 are the dream come true for power addicted evil people, that divided the world ON PURPOSE in 3 “continents” that are in permanent war with each other, always blaming the other side for all that is bad (just so that the super rich elite can basically keep on exploiting the population which is living in poverty and blame it on the enemy).
this creates a a lot of suffering and unhappiness.
this is not how life is supposed to be.
the meaning of life is to be (sustainably) happy.
WARNING! violent and disturbing!
but highly recommend to anyone to watch it – at least once – the “middle aged” version actually released in 1984, UK, if one can get hands on it.
Release date 10 October 1984 (United Kingdom)
|Directed by||Michael Radford|
2013: Latest Snowden Leak Reveals NSA War on Encryption, but It’s Not Yet Dead
Especially in those harsh corona lockdown times:
people need happy content.
not drama and violence.
but drama and violence is what 90% of TV stations are broadcasting.
Probably with one goal: to undermine trust between citizens.
Your neighbor could be a murderer!
Or a Russian spy!
Or a North Korean spy!
Or a criminal or a pervert or a monster from Mars!
terrorists, criminals and perverts:
Of course we all want to terrorists, criminals and child abusers to be caught – at best – before any harm is done.
But is mass surveillance of everyone “the tool” to do that?
Or are those buzz words – including (now) Corona – just excuses to undermine privacy and allow NSA to access everyone’s brain DIRECTLY.
To see if anything dirty is going on there – in an 1984 style.
Or does society as a whole need to grab the root of the problem and not treat symptoms?
And should the FBI, NSA and Co maybe trust it’s citizens more – actually listen to their concerns “my neighbor is a pervert” and do personal investigation of the matter?
(would create a lot of jobs!)
“AI show me the bad guys”
bad = whoever is against the dictator.
The next command will be AI: disable all bank accounts of “the bad guys” or even worse: AI kill all the “bad guys”
Now robots actually have learned how to fly and walk. So mankind is going further and further towards 1984 digital dictatorship.
Do you believe your neighbor is a pervert that might download child porn and god knows what else?
Do people have faith in the competence and fairness of governments?
Do people have trust in each other?
One major tool to restore faith can be transparency.
But if leaders lack skill – plus choosing bad advisors (lobbyists) – then mankind is f****ed.
so the gov does not trust it’s citizens. why should the citizens trust it’s government then?
lack of trust is the #no1 problem preventing cooperation.
so it NEEDS TO BE #no1 priority of ANY government to improve trust. (well corrupt politicians have damaged gov trust massively again and again over decades)
Trump to end all encryption?
2019-06: “Senior Trump administration officials met on Wednesday to discuss whether to seek legislation prohibiting tech companies from using forms of encryption that law enforcement can’t break — a provocative step that would reopen a long-running feud between federal authorities and Silicon Valley.
The encryption challenge, which the government calls “going dark,” was the focus of a National Security Council meeting Wednesday morning that included the No. 2 officials from several key agencies, according to three people familiar with the matter.”
2020-03: Full throttle surveillance state: “Imagine an Internet where the law required every message sent to be read by government-approved scanning software. Companies that handle such messages wouldn’t be allowed to securely encrypt them, or they’d lose legal protections that allow them to operate.”
The Bill: “Eliminating Abusive and Rampant Neglect of Interactive Technologies Act of 2020” or the “EARN IT Act of 2020”.
The term “Commission” means the National Commission on Online Child Sexual Exploitation Prevention.
Lindsey Graham and National Security Agency surveillance:
In response to the 2013 disclosures about the United States National Security Agency and its international partners’ global surveillance of foreign nationals and U.S. citizens, Graham said that he was “glad” the NSA was collecting phone records. He said: “I’m a Verizon customer. I don’t mind Verizon turning over records to the government if the government is going to make sure that they try to match up a known terrorist phone with somebody in the United States. I don’t think you’re talking to the terrorists. I know you’re not. I know I’m not. So we don’t have anything to worry about.”
On July 25, 2013, the U.S. Senate Committee on Appropriations unanimously adopted an amendment by Senator Graham to the “Fiscal Year 2014 Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Bill” that would seek sanctions against any country that offers asylum to former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.
(Looking at you)
I can read your mind
I am the eye in the sky, looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind
And I don’t need to see any more
To know that
I can read your mind
(passing the feed of users smart phone’s front cam to AI that analyzes it… while user types in WhatsApp)
solution: there needs to be an alternative to 1984
- when there is no trust between citizens/people and agencies and governments to act in their interests (that is what democracy is about) – then the baseplate / basis of society is massively broken.
- Maybe the base plate / basis needs to be replaced with a better one – or – if not reformed – face disaster – because:
- nobody can defy the laws of nature such as gravity forever
- man made laws will always be flawed on purpose or by accident – but nature does not care about man made laws. it follows it’s own laws. the only true laws.
- nobody can deny truth forever
- by denying or ignoring the truth people just make things worse until it becomes impossible to ignore (all Trump hotels under water)
- sooner or later – even politicians – need to act according to “the science” / the truth – or face disaster.
- alternative investigation methods:
- if you suspect your neighbor might be a pervert – call the cops / FBI and report it – they shall investigate in person and not via mass surveillance of everyone.
- the nothing to hide argument is dangerous
- because it is exactly what allows secret services to read the mind of whole nations and manipulate “hack” them accordingly for their own selfish power addicted gains.
- “get to know your neighbor”: if people do not want to do it voluntarily – there should be an “get to know your neighbor” law that forces people to meet up with their neighbors once a month – to – hopefully build trust – it is so important.