Some people think it is ridiculous to measure the power consumption of computers.
Imho it is important for servers but also if workstation uses 50 Watts idle or 10 can also make a difference when it is used a lot over the year – for the envinronment and the electricity bill – one always wants maximum performance per Wattage.
watch cpu usage via htop (linux task manager, apt install htop) going through the roof.
variant dev null:
run as many as there are threats-cores (there is no screen output, check htop if all CPUs are saturated)
yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null &
with screen output.
#!/bin/bash while true; do echo -n "+."; done;
power usage: HP ProLiant DL360 G6 Server
170 W (idle) 500 W (full load all CPU cores)
power usage: MacPro 3,1
200 W (idle) 300 W (all 8x cores full throttle)
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!