if possible (hardware support) please use replicant, not cyanogen – it might fix this backdoor: https://dwaves.de/2017/05/01/the-problem-with-closed-source-drivers/
successor to cyanogen mod: LineageOS: https://download.lineageos.org/i9300
how to disable this nerve wrecking Cell Broadcast messagess…
Delete the app (system/app/cellbroadcast)
Just open terminal and enter below codes su; # in Developer options (tab build number multiple times to activate) activate root rights for apps or su will not work mount -rw -o remount /system; #remount system # for Android Versions x= 5.1 cd /system/priv-app/CellBroadcastReceiver; # change dir mv CellBroadcastReceiver.apk CellBroadcastReceiver.apk.disabled; # rename app so it wont be started reboot;
alternatively: use Titanium Backup to deinstall the CellBroadcast.apk
Some Roms like the Install 4.4.4 Kitkat! http://get.c-rom.org/i9300/
hase a “SystemApp Remover Tool” onBoard!
If you don’t want to install this rom (it started good… but became bad/unstable), try to get Titanium Backup:
Mit Titanium Backup die CellBroadcast.apk deinstallieren.
You can get the app either from here: http://matrixrewriter.com/android/
or your favourite warez site: https://eu5.startpage.com/do/search?nosteeraway=1&abp=1&x=-832&exrr=0&y=-47&cat=web&flag_ac=0&language=english_uk&cmd=process_search&query=site%3Aboerse.bz+titanium+backup&enginecount=1&pl=chrome
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!