why is ANYONE ESPECIALLY COMPANIES STILL USING THIS CLOSED SOURCE PIECE OF MASSIVELY RAM & RESOURCES CONSUMING SOFTWARE?
Jitis Meet is based on an Open standard WebRTC
“Jitsi (from Bulgarian: жици — «wires») is a collection of free and open-source multiplatform voice (VoIP), video conferencing and instant messaging applications for the Web platform, Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS and Android.”
“Supported by Apple, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, and Opera, WebRTC specifications have been published by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).” (src)
<- see! even MICROSOFT SUPPORTS THIS STANDARD! HAPPY NOW?
it does not require a setup, it works well in Firefox 112.0.1 (64-bit) (tested) and Chrome (untested).
hint: No M$ teams is not cool at all, but loads of companies select it as their (only?) video-conferencing software, which is imho a big mistake.
even worse: without learning, mankind is doomed with a probability of 100%.
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!