with virt-manager, it is a breeze to select the PCI device (in this case enp3s0 NIC) for pass through to guest vm, in case the vm shall get it’s very own dedicated nic:
notice: the passed NIC dissapears from the ip -c a list of NICs on the server
the answers here all suck: https://serverfault.com/questions/446658/assign-individual-nic-to-kvm-guest
and the login-process is a pain X-D (server-fault is one sites of many that ought to share the same login details… but well X-D)
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!