the error message
basically means: the VM’s screen can not be auto-resized because the VBoxGuestAdditions kernel module drivers software was not properly build & installed.
rebuild & reinstall the VBoxGuestAdditions (kernel module) properly:
hostnamectl; # tested on guest (host also being Debian 10) Virtualization: oracle Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) Kernel: Linux 4.19.0-16-amd64 Architecture: x86-64
- insert the /usr/share/virtualbox/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso
- inside the vm:
start a terminal:
su - root; # become root
mkdir /virtualbox; # where to put the files
cp -rv /media/cdrom0/* /virtualbox/; # copy the files
- update to latest, install build essentials software
apt install build-essential module-assistant gcc make perl dkms linux-headers-$(uname -r)
sh /virtualbox/VBoxLinuxAdditions.run; # run the compilation & installation
- the output that follows should be like
- after a
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!