the task at hand ought to be a simple one… the user has a data table of some sort (a Excel sheet).
and wants only unique data sets (no duplicates) in a certain column
theoretically Libre Calc can do that, but it failed so created a web based tool in PHP
so export Libre Office file -> to file.csv and purify it with this tool 🙂
- those two files:
sha512sum -c CSV_DELETE_DUPLICATES_v1.tar.gz.sha512sum.txt CSV_DELETE_DUPLICATES_v1.tar.gz: OK # unpack tar fxvz CSV_DELETE_DUPLICATES_v1.tar.gz
- a PHP enabled webserver (no mysql required)
THIS PROGRAM IS NOT SAFE TO USE ON A PUBLIC ACCESSIBLE WEBSERVER
(the form could be tricked into displaying all sorts of files from webserver (e.g. wp-config.php containing MySQL database passwords etc.)
how to install:
- (S)FTP or SSH into webserver / webspace
- create a new subdirectory like “csv”
- upload files to subdirectory “csv”
- browse to https://domain.com/csv/
how to usage example:
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!