bash games – no kidding!
bash is a serious language 😀😎👍⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐❤️☕
while it might not be your first choice when it comes to creating games.
it’s awesome what people put together on the command line!
bash tetris – works FLAWLESS 🙂
the russian Original:
super retro theme
# download wget https://dwaves.de/games/bash/tetris.timofeev.sh # mark runnable chmod +x tetris.timofeev.sh # run it ./tetris.timofeev.sh
a colorful copy:
needs usleep. If there is no usleep for your linux, you can imitate it by creating a script
echo "sleep 0.1" > /usr/bin/usleep chmod +x /usr/bin/usleep
creditz go to: # 10.21.2003 xhchen <firstname.lastname@example.org
Made in Taiwan? http://www.pudn.com/
# download wget https://dwaves.de/games/bash/tetris.sh # inspect code, to check if it is hiding evil vim tetris.sh # if not proceed # mark runnable chmod +x tetris.sh ./tetris.sh
creditz: # Centipede game # v2.0 # Author: email@example.com
# download wget https://dwaves.de/games/bash/snake.sh # mark runnable chmod +x snake.sh # run it ./snake.sh
the history-origins of tetris:
this seems to be a screenshot from the soviet tetris implementation?
# Tetris game written in pure bash
# I tried to mimic as close as possible original tetris game
# which was implemented on old soviet DVK computers (PDP-11 clones)
The design is also known as Elektronika MS-0501 and Elektronika MS-0502.
- play BGP Battelships ONLINE! X-D
- probably the first bash based online game
- Elektronika BK-0010
- SM EVM
… that of course… were able to run TETRIS!
# Videos of this tetris can be found here:
# This script was created on ubuntu 13.04 x64 and bash 4.2.45(1)-release.
# It was not tested on other unix like operating systems.
# Enjoy :-)!
# Author: Kirill Timofeev <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The Tetris Song
deeply philosophical Tetris memes
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!