Debian Ubuntu Mint:
for the deb based distributions
hostnamectrl; # tested on Armbian (Debian for ARM Bullseye) su - root; # become root apt update; # always good apt install console-data # select a new keymap # for languages others than English go "other" dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration # make changes active setupcon
now all those special keyboard keys should work like a charm 🙂
# might also be interesting dpkg-reconfigure console-data
Fedora RedHat CentOS:
for the rpm distributions
hostnamectrl; # tested on CentOS7 yum install kbd; # is needed ll /lib/kbd/keymaps/xkb/ | grep de-; # find all available germany keymap layouts localectl list-keymaps; # alternatively loadkeys de; # load keyboard layout localectl set-keymap de; # permanently change keyboard layout
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!