the 4 free software freedom rules:
- freedom 0: The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose.
- (computers start counting with 0, that’s why it is freedom 0)
- freedom 1: The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish.
- Access to the source code is a precondition for this
- freedom 2: The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help others.
- freedom 3: The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others.
- By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes.
- Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
“free software is the basis of all freedom in computing and all security in computing”
“if the users don’t control the program – the program controls the users – and somebody else is controlling the program – it gives the somebody-else power over the users – it is an injustice and non-free software should not exist – and typically this leads to malicious functionalities.
Many of the most widely-used non-free programs are malwares.”
… also free hardware … well hardware is software before it becomes hardware… so software-CAD-files can also be regarded as software.
“think of free speech not free beer” 😀
Freie Software… Your pronanciation is very good Mr Stallmann 😉
what OS is Mr Stallman using?
Trisquel GNU/Linux currently according to this:
Trisquel GNU/Linux – Run free!
you can download it here: https://trisquel.info/en/download
“I use a Thinkpad X60 computer, in which the FSF installed a free initialization program (libreboot) and a free operating system (Trisquel GNU/Linux.) This is the first computer model ever to be sold commercially with a free initialization program and a free operating system, and thus the first computer product the FSF could endorse. (It was not sold that way by Lenovo, however.)”
but imagine this: if everyone would work for everyone for free – everything would literarily be free… yeah people would probably be wasteful with too much free beer… 😀
but the idea is to free the receipts and therefore free the cook from licence and surveillance bondage.
enable the individual – free the individual – working against the 1984 Orwell police state – not for it.
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!