not sure if they fixed the problem and continue VestaCP development (a shame, it was really a very very nice web based gui to admin web and mailsevers)
… if you have ssh properly setup (public-private-key-based-auth) then you can easily connect via sftp to your host and abandon ftp, which is prone to security problems.
E.g. with FileZilla
to Disable vsftpd:
# stop vsftpd service service vsftpd stop; # disable vsftpd service (should also work in debian) # pre systemd distributions: update-rc.d -f vsftpd remove; # disable vsftpd service (only works in redhat) systemctl disable vsftpd.service; chkconfig vsftpd off;
to install sftp client: FileZilla
# fedora/redhat/centos yum install filezilla; # debian/ubuntu apt update && apt install filezilla;
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!