before upgrading virtualbox additions, one might need to uninstall the old version (this should actually happen automatically, when VBoxLinuxAdditions.run of new new version is run)
(actually this script will do it automatically for you, if you want to upgrade) # run install script /virtualbox/VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
if you can not find any (actually when new VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
# search for installed packages dpkg -l|grep virtualbox
# delete installed packages aptitude remove virtualbox-guest-dkms virtualbox-guest-utils virtualbox-guest-x11 virtualbox-ose-guest-x11 # reboot reboot # mount VirtualBox Additions iso through guy mkdir /virtualbox cp -rv /media/cdrom0 /virtualbox # run install script /virtualbox/VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!