The problem: Some people care about their privacy – most don’t.
So the NSA/CIA/CSHQ/Mi6/BSD-Spying-Complex (linked up with the Google & Facebook probably with the industrial-military complex) thanks to the internet & smartphones, keeps collecting data on their sheeps to find the terrorists amongst us.
Well… that’s the story… come up with your imagination of what this Big-Data could be used as well… steering mankind?
Putin used to be head of the russian spying agency KGB now FSB … now he is head of state… incidence? Could something like this happen in the West (USA, UK, Germany) as well or is it already?
The Guardian has set up a website to inform you, what Apps and Programs could protect your privacy in the a Post-Snowden NSA-controled world.
Tor Bundle is very good for your privacy on Desktop/Laptop-PCs: https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en
There are some Apps… tested and untested… that might provide better privacy than WhatsApp (bought by Facebook) does.
… works nice, you can send images and text… but you need to remember your password by hard. or use a screen-wipe-number-lock.
In addition to providing encryption and authentication — features also provided by typical public-key cryptography suites, such as PGP,GnuPG, and X.509 (S/MIME) — OTR also offers some less common features:
- Forward secrecy: Messages are only encrypted with temporary per-message AES keys, negotiated using the Diffie-Hellman key exchange protocol. The compromise of any long-lived cryptographic keys does not compromise any previous conversations, even if an attacker is in possession of ciphertexts.
- Deniable authentication: Messages in a conversation do not have digital signatures, and after a conversation is complete, anyone is able to forge a message to appear to have come from one of the participants in the conversation, assuring that it is impossible to prove that a specific message came from a specific person. Within the conversation the recipient can be sure that a message is coming from the person they have identified.
https://ostel.co/ – encrypted phone calls –
Cryptocat was used by journalists in the #Swissleaks investigation of corruption in Swiss banks.
https://www.didww.com/ – rent a Phone-Number in a foreign country and have it forward to your phone number – hiding your phone number!?
Start of Concept of Turnkey-Secure Device: https://dev.guardianproject.info/projects/libro/wiki/Libro_Libre_The_Concept
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!