1. backup you rexisting installation: check conf/locale.php where your savedir is pointing, also backup this directory (may be outside of web root /var/www !)
tar fcvz dokuwiki_backup_DATE.tar.gz /var/www/dokuwiki-installation/
2. transfer to new server using rsync ( i recommend using screen if it is a very large installation… screen will continue running rsync even when your ssh session times out or ssh exits )
3. get latest dokuwiki and simply extract it over your existing installation
copy the link to your linux-server-shell:
4. i had to change the following files:
delted this line:
$conf['savedir'] = '/home/user/dokuwiki/data/';
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!