what is great about mumble: clients exist for Windows, OSX, (at least Debian/Ubuntu) Linux and even Android and IPhone.
the audio quality is SUPERB (better than phone) if you use good headphones like sennheiser
a disadvantage is the reverb that mumble can not cancel.
IMHO if your server / clients is not hacked… it is assumed private and encrypted.
it is a little confusing:
murmur = server
mumble = desktop client
plumble = android mobile client
it is highly advised to use headphones or headsets! (reverb!)
it is basically very simple to start mumble-server (murmur) on your qnap nas. (atom cpu)
ssh into your qnap then download murmur from sourceforge:
tar fxv murmur-static_x86-1.2.3.tar
-> make shure to set password + uncommend
levae the last thing blank if you want a public server.
then make also shure that the mumble typical port is open: 64738
then simply start it:
and exit from the shell. (it will keep running even without nohup)
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!