really would like to see a smart phone that can run almost unchanged GNU Linux kernel 😀 (yes would put up with a desktop on the mobile)
Google DOES NOT WANT users to backup pictures from SmarPhone to a local PC and then to a NAS or external USB backup.
Google WANTS the user to use it’s own backup solution which is: Google’s cloud storage (imho it was renamed several times?)
and for SOME users 100GB for only 2 bucks a month sounds like a great deal right?
so what alternatives are there?
speed wise it’s a step back
but hey no more wires?
head firefox app to https://f-droid.org/
and search and download app org.primftpd/
which allows to run a (S)FTP server on the android device
and then filezilla can download and upload files 😀
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!