LANCOM is not so well known German company that is the partner when it comes to “business” DSL routers for Telekom and T-Systems customers and as such they are conducting the worst closed source rippoff of their customers possible.
multiple things pisses this user off immensely when it comes to LANCOM: why would make large arcs around Lancom in the future:
- charging for software updates to their VPN client (which is mostly fixing their own SECURITY PROBLEMS)
- Lancom routers after END OF FIRMWARE SUPPOR go into the trash, because it is not possible to install OpenWRT on them (Freescale CPU?) (no open source support at all)
- updates: unlike Fritzboxes of AVM: firmware updates can NOT be installed via internet semi- or fully-automatically
- the user has to manually call T-Systems support, which then does not even need a password to log on to the system to see “oh yes the firmware is really old should we upgrade it?” (YES OF COURSE!)
- how should the security be guaranteed here?
- in order to sell the almost-useless licenses, because a 50 Bucks update fee is required to update, the licence sticker does not even say for what version of VPN client it is … worst worst possible customer support.
- the best example of “there is surely something wrong with this company”
before the users release their angers on the “inofficial” forum: https://www.lancom-forum.de/ be aware: this forum is NOT from lancom but rather by lancom affected customers (may the source be with you)
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!