For inspiration to space travel, it is enough to watch the excellent-music scifi intros 😀
space travel inspirations – best most epic Sci Fi theme songs and intros
current status quo of propulsion: SpaceX’s Starship 33x raptors (go raptors! go!)
the future of propulsion:
Either this or nuclear powered propulsion might be a real game changer, as it would allow fast travel to Mars.
China is on to it as well: “Prototype design for a powerful nuclear reactor for the space programme has been completed and some components have been built, according to researchers” (src)
Good luck all involved 😀 (seriously!) (and: fly save!)
The main actors of StarTrek are all famous and well known, Kirk & Spock, Piccard & Data, Crusher, Worf, Riker & Troy, Gordie…
Just as with “Star Trek lower decks” the “lower deckers” are the endless list of innovative and gifted writers-story-editors, 3D artists (A LOT OF HAND MADE MODELS WERE USED) and everyone behind the scenes that unfortunately NEVER get the red carpet rolled out for the Oscars, but without them, there was no StarTrek, they would deserve to be treated and paid just as much as the actors,, as their work is at the core and base of it all.
No matter the budget, without innovative story, no one is going to watch it, because there is “nothing to learn” 😀
- Next Generation writers: (complete list of all episodes (might contain errors))
- Season 1:
- Season 2:
- Season 3:
- Season 4:
- Season 5:
- Season 6:
- Season 7:
- based on data from src: memory-alpha.fandom.com, filled the gaps with data from Wikipedia.
- community-task: can anyone calc, what writer did the most writing? 😀 and what director did the most directing?
- As can be seen, the names of Writers and even Directors SELDOM repeats! why? So at the core StarTrek Next Generation was the work of hundreds of writers and directors 😀 #wow
- Some writers in Detail:
- Ronald D. Moore
- Joe Menosky
- Rene Echevarria
- Dr Leonard Mlodinow
- born “1954 is an American theoretical physicist and mathematician, screenwriter and author. In physics, he is known for his work on the large N expansion, a method of approximating the spectrum of atoms based on the consideration of an infinite-dimensional version of the problem, and for his work on the quantum theory of light inside dielectrics.”
- Scott Rubenstein
born in 1947, has written 30 (!!!) produced episodes for television including Star Trek: The New Generation, Cagney & Lacey, Hunter, MacGyver, Night Court, Nine to Five, and Diff’rent Strokes.
Aside from also being a story editor on three shows, he executive produced the award-winning documentary NOT AFRAID TO LAUGH and Peacock Blues for Showtime. He taught for ten years as an adjunct professor at California State University, Northridge and USC.
Mr. Rubenstein also owns a tax business that specializes in people in the entertainment industry. (src)
- a lot of directing was done by…
- Cliff Bole (25 episodes)
- Les Landau (21 episodes)
- Winrich Kolbe (16 episodes)
- Rob Bowman (11 episodes)
- Robert Scheerer (11 episodes)
- Jonathan Frakes (8 episodes)
- Also: just as Star War’s imperial march, became “well known” (by John Williams) across the galaxy, the music of Ron Jones, Alexander Courage & Jerry Goldsmith is also worth mentioning as they composed the title song for next generation
- conflicts with Roddenberry:
- “the first season was marked by a “revolving door” of writers, with Gerrold, Fontana and others quitting after disputes with Roddenberry.: 222  Roddenberry “virtually rewrote” the first 15 episodes because of his “dogmatic” intention to depict human interaction “without drawing on the baser motives of greed, lust, and power”. Writers found the show’s “bible” constricting and ridiculous and could not deal with Roddenberry’s ego and treatment of them.” (src)
- Roddenberry rewrote the series bible from an original version by David Gerrold (src)
Mankind needs and deserves stories of a positive vision for the future
this might be because Roddenberry and also Jonathan Frakes shared the same vision of a “positive vision” for the future, not a dystopic scifi (Mr Musk seems to be unable to imagine a future that is more positive, less dark & dystopic than Bladerunner and CyberPunk 2077)
Why StarTrek Piccard SUCKS:
After watching season 1 and 2, will not wath season 3 of StarTrek Piccard.
and quit the Amazon Prime subscribtion straight after finishing “Star Trek lower decks“, which at least, took the Star Trek universe somewhat “serious”, while cracking some jokes. Well done 🙂
Plus: And if you like StarTrek and hate goodbyes, don’t watch it, they let Data die because he wants to be more human (#wtf) and now they even let Worf appear just to let him die one episode later #wtf
let me tell the producers one thing: by introducing unecessary brutality instead of intelligent plots, by letting iconic characerts die, will add NOTHING and thus bring NOTHING but frustration, as the uneccessary and avoidable death of Han Solo in StarWars added NOTHING.
Completely unecessary way to destroy a legacy.
NextGen was StarTrek at it’s peak, now the “system of maximum profits and lack of innovation” is “canabalizing” on this legacy, destroying it in the process.
Worf’s final words: ‘Though his castmates won’t rule out further adventures for their characters’ (i can rule that out, as no one returns to a destroyed legacy) ‘Dorn says that Picard season 3 absolutely works as a satisfying conclusion to Worf’s 35-year voyage.
“The storytellers know his journey, and everyone can see what his journey is; there’s no ambiguity about that.”
One way or another, the actor looks back at his untouchable tenure as Starfleet’s greatest warrior with warmth and appreciation.
“It’s one of those things that validates the idea that you chose the right profession,” Dorn says. “My mother would be proud of me that I had a profession that I’ve been at for the majority of my life. That’s an accomplishment, I think.”’ (src)
Let me guess, in the last episode of StarTrek Piccard, Piccard dies? How original.
Little is known about the genious story writers, the true core next to Gene Roddenberry’s directing, that made StarTrek NextGeneration what it is:
- the story and definition of StarFleet is:
- a band of humans and aliens, that tries to bring order and peace to the universe
- that is focused on exploration & learning & science
- the “first” or “prime directive” says:
- don’t play “alien abduction by UFO” with other species and thus do not intervene with other species
- unless it happens by accident or it has to be done to save the species
- it should be the core task of Starfleet to help all conscious life to help to survive the harsh conditions the black-cold-darkness universe (described by Cpt Kirk William Shatner himself as warm blue blanket of Earth vs the darkness of space – is this death?) with temps as cold as -270.4 °C (-454.8 °F) + deadly radiation + asteroid impacts + loss of magnetic shield (Mars) + run away climate change (as it has happened on Venus)… the list of deadly threats out there is ENDLESS.
- one example, how harsh radiation is on the Moon: astronauts can spend max 6 months in UNDERGROUND bases on the Moon, without exceeding the legally required limits (src)
- so even “underground” the radiation on the Moon is SEVERE to life! (unless you are a Tardigrade )
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!