in order to preserve best audio quality
instead of converting audio, it is better (better audio quality and also faster) to simply extract the aac from an mp4 like this:
vim /scripts/aacFromMp4.sh #!/bin/bash # :) ffmpeg rocks! if [ -z "$1" ] then echo "=== no parameter passed will extract audio from all files in current dir ===" for FILE in *.mp4 ; do ffmpeg -i "$FILE" -vn -acodec copy "$FILE.aac" done else echo "=== parameter passed will extract audio from mp4===" ffmpeg -i "$1" -vn -acodec copy "$1".aac fi
chmod +x /scripts/aacFromMp4.sh /scripts/aacFromMp4.sh "File.mp4" # the File.aac will be output into the same directory
“Unlike MPEG Layer 3 (MP3), AAC is not based on the filterbank design of MPEG Layer 2, but is a new development and uses the MDCT as the base transformation, just like Dolby Digital and Vorbis. With less complexity than MP3, better quality can be achieved at the same data rate.” (auto translated from wiki)
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!