finally… all that wait is over… here come the first images of the $10 Billion telescope of almost 17 years of build time… (first design 1999, redesigned in 2005)
planned / expected mission time 10 / 20 years
more pictures here: https://webbtelescope.org/news/first-images/gallery (<- for whatever reason also Hubble photos are in this gallery? (a bit confusing isn’t it?))
“James Webb Space Telescope hit by micrometeoroid”
Several thousand scientists, engineers, and technicians spanning 15 countries have contributed to the build, test and integration of the JWST. (src: Wiki)
why the hexagonal “glare” spikes effect?
It is called deffraction spikes
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!