let’s face it: the internet has become a gigantic surveillance machine, with hundreds of private companies, trying to collect as much data on the user as possible in order to “predict the market” while also using with AI to analyze “BigData”.
Advertisement is MORE than annoying, it is a massive privacy issue, which makes millions of web users install the excellent
pihole blocking advertisement system: cuts website loading times in half
hurray hurray, South Korean company Odroid (well known for their beefy (performant while using less than 5Watts!) Raspberry competitors) just released “Odroid” “M1” (not getting a penny for this) for little money:
- SoC: Rockchip RK3568B2 quad-core Cortex-A55 processor @ up to 2.0 GHz
- Arm Mali-G52 MP2 GPU, 0.8 TOPS
- SATA and NVMe storage
- a nice metal casing can be bought separately
- (loads of additional stuff here)
- it can boot:
- checkout HardKernel’s wiki https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-m1/odroid-m1
more specs here: (and a video review showing it playing back youtube fluently + while running googl earth 3D)
imho EVERY modern day router and firewall NEEDS to include advertisement & tracking blocking PER DEFAULT 🙂
getting started: https://docs.pi-hole.net/main/prerequisites/
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!