The attacks are triggered by visiting a website with the malicious code.”
(this could be a well known, sincere, but hacked website)
“By downloading, the malware can install itself on the target device.”
“HTML smuggling is also made possible by the HTML5 “Download” attribute for anchor tags.”
“When a user clicks the HTML link, a download of the file is triggered.”
“The attack occurs especially in email campaigns.”
“That is, users with Exchange Online mailboxes are also affected.”
“Spear phishing campaign can ransomware”
“This technique was noticed in a spear phishing campaign in May 2021.
“As part of these attacks, the banking Trojan Mekotio as well as AsyncRAT/NJRAT and Trickbot were infiltrated – this also means remote code execution and complete takeover of computers is possible.”
“Ransomware also enters networks in this way.”
“The Microsoft 365 Defender Threat Intelligence Team shows what such an attack looks like in a Twitter post.
“ISOMorph Infection: In-Depth Analysis of a New HTML Smuggling Campaign”
src: translated from https://www.security-insider.de/html-smuggling-greift-netzwerke-von-innen-an-a-1109311/
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!