“show me the src“: https://github.com/Chocobozzz/PeerTube Developed with by Framasoft
“PeerTube is a free, decentralized and federated video platform developed as an alternative to other platforms that centralize our data and attention, such as YouTube, Dailymotion or Vimeo. ” (src)
- This two-minute video (hosted on PeerTube) explaining what PeerTube is and how it works
- Demo instances:
- peertube.cpy.re (stable)
- peertube2.cpy.re (Nightly)
- peertube3.cpy.re (RC)
- This video demonstrating the communication between PeerTube and Mastodon (a decentralized Twitter alternative)
current debian project leader is running his own’ video platform with it https://highvoltage.tv/
users LOVE it! but, as probably everyone knows… hosting such platforms within EU is problematic, because users sooner or later start uploading:
- conspiracy crap
- illegal content (“full movie”)
and then the hoster of the platform get’s a letter from Universal and SONY lawyers and the fun & independence is over (or sometimes they just run out of disk space and funding)
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!