actually wanted give this printer to (still) windows user, then realizing… there is no f*** chance to install drivers within windows 10 for this elderly but just printing damn fine reliable black and white laser printer from brother, so…
- USB 2.0 hooked it up to GNU Linux Debian 10 box
- installed cups:
- su – root
- apt install cups
- downloaded https://download.brother.com/welcome/dlf006893/linux-brprinter-installer-2.2.3-1.gz
- (excellent script! brothers!)
- unpack it:
- mark it runnable:
- chmod +x linux-brprinter-installer-2.2.3-1
- run it as root:
- su – root
- enter exact model like:
- leave rest to automatic
fiddled a bit with the cups (reachable via browser localhost:631)
try modyfing the Connection type… then try printing those settings worked 🙂
thanks all involved!
GNU Linux for the sustainability win & waste avoided & resources saved!
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!