for even better overview, it is possible to label harddisks & partitions like this:
# this can be done on mounted ext4 / ext3 / ext2 partitions # swap partitions can not be labeled tune2fs -L "LABEL" /dev/sdaX # with xfs it is more complicated # can only be labeld on "offline" / unmounted partitions xfs_admin -l /dev/disk/by-id/dm-name-cl-root label = "" xfs_admin -L "root" /dev/disk/by-id/dm-name-cl-root xfs_admin: /dev/disk/by-id/dm-name-cl-root contains a mounted filesystem fatal error -- couldn't initialize XFS library
GNU Linux bash – how to get nice overview over harddisks and patitions
GNU Linux – basic harddisks benchmarks (ssds KINGSTON SKC600512G vs Samsung SSD 850 PRO vs Samsung SSD 860 EVO) – ntfs vs ext4 – how fast are virtual harddisks?
GNU Linux Bash – show iterate over partitions harddisk models namens types and UUIDs
linux bash script – iterate over all harddisks in the system and check their smart status – also for QNAP NAS
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!