Update: Amazon Kuper vs OneWeb vs SpaceX
the competition is on!
- almost-satellite-colissions in space (who owns space?)
- collisions between Amazon Kuiper vs OneWeb vs SpaceX in court on Earth (some parties might not refrain from playing foul)
“While SpaceX makes up the lion’s share of these plans, together with OneWeb, Telesat and Amazon’s Project Kuiper, the four companies have announced the intention to launch as many as 46,100 satellites in the next few years.
That’s more than 5x times the amount of objects sent to space in the past 60 years, which numbers just shy of 9,000 according to the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs.” (src: cnbc.com)
“SpaceX’s violation of its launch license was “inconsistent with a strong safety culture,” the FAA’s space division chief Wayne Monteith said in a letter to SpaceX president Gwynne Shotwell. “Although the report states that all SpaceX parties believed that such risk was sufficiently low to comply with regulatory criteria, SpaceX used analytical methods that appeared to be hastily developed to meet a launch window,” Monteith went on.” (src: theverge.com)
how can everyone help build the city on Mars?
Musk: talk about it! 🙂 write about it!
spread the news!
set the focus of the discussion!
Update: 2020-06-02: NO THE EARTH AIN’T FLAT
also: NOT A MOUSE X-D
whatever it is that is “wandering” around the pipes of Dragon capsule’s engine part.
it ain’t a mouse X-D (looks to me like some tissue? can Scott Manley SpaceX or NASA debunk it?)
but there are very viral fake videos (where they actually made it look like it’s a mouse X-D)
successful docking of Dragon with ISS! NICE 🙂 THANKS ALL INVOLVED!
THANKS ELON & SPACEX! GOOD JOB!
BRING’ EM HOME SAFE!
- Elon: “if we manage to increase the rate of innovation – mankind can become multiplanetary”
- “hopefully the first step on a journey towards a civilization on Mars”
- Elon: “the trampolin is working” (src)
- “When tensions escalated between the United States and Russia in 2014, a senior Russian official who now heads the country’s space program, Dmitry Rogozin, taunted NASA by suggesting the space agency use a trampoline to launch its astronauts.” (src: reddit)
- NASA Ceo Jim Bridenstine: “America is leading again in space”
- all technology can be used for good and evil – this is up to the quality/culture/character of man
- Military (mis)uses rockets for death
- Vice President Pence: “dominance in space”
- Politics (mis)use Space for self-advertisement and Politics
the cold war seems to be back (“thanks” all involved)
Is the Moon and Mars space race on again?
(this time against China not Russia)
Bridenstine complains in the above video… that 9 years ago, the day after the last SpaceShuttle landing, a lot of NASA workers were fired, immediately.
This of course angered a lot of skillful engineers and employees.
But the SpaceShuttle was a bad idea right from the start that fell short – way short – of Moon and Mars.
Now the SpaceShuttle is called Falcon 9 X-D (reusable rocket)
wtf: Space Force?
“There are currently 16,000 individuals assigned to the Space Force.”
BIG FAT ROCKET & SLS GO TO MARS! (BFR reusable, SLS not? c’mon NASA! You can do better!)
Update: 30th of Mai 2020: SUCCESSFUL LAUNCH
“everything is nominal”
here one can watch the replay. (once it is uploaded and processed the whole recording?)
There is a DRAGON on the DRAGON X-D
Astronauts Robert and Douglas brought a Toy Dragon with them into the Dragon capsule X-D
recovery of the booster on drone ship was also successful 🙂 (great! less waste in space and atmosphere! also saving costs)
Bob & Dag name “Capsule 206” “Endeavour”
- “we both had our first flights on shuttle Endeavour” (src)
big question: it takes many many hours for the Dragon capsule (more than 21 hours) to meet up with the ISS station, will they be able to hold their pee? X-D
“SpaceX’s Crew Dragon toilet is on the ceiling of the spaceship — and no one wants to talk about it”
“After the Apollo missions ended in 1975, engineers described defecation and urination as the “bothersome aspects of space travel.”
Former NASA astronaut Garrett Reisman, who worked for many years on the development of SpaceX’s Dragon spaceships, told Business Insider that the toilet is near the top of the capsule.
“I don’t know if the toilet is really cool, necessarily, but it is there,” he said. “I can tell you it’s located — in one-G [Earth gravity] — would be towards the ceiling. But of course in zero-G [microgravity] that doesn’t matter.”
“The Crew Dragon, which can seat seven people, is a larger vessel than the Russian Soyuz capsule, which has three very snug seats. Since terminating the space shuttle program nearly nine years ago, NASA astronauts have been paying Russia to get to space.
The Soyuz is equipped with a rudimentary hose system that astronaut Chris Hadfield called “basic,” adding that astronauts get two enemas before they launch with the hope they don’t have to use it at all. ”
once they reach the ISS they can use the “sh** can” space toilet X-D
First attempt: SCRUBBED! (because of bad weather)
… well well well… as some of the space nerds already expected… even space exploration is dependent on mother nature, so it happens often, that viewers wait… 1 hour 2 hours 3 hours… and then ABORT/SCRUBBED!
but was entertaining never the less, a lot of insights and great camera angles
but the “average Joe” might not be so considered and yes it is annoying but safety should ALWAYS be first – even when the president himself is watching and waiting.
even worse than a scrubbed launch – is a failed launch – so no hard feelings everyone.
SpaceX will try again on Saturday.
“backup instantaneous launch opportunities available on:
- -> Saturday, May 30 at 3:22 p.m. EDT, or 19:22 UTC <-
- Sunday, May 31 at 3:00 p.m. EDT, or 19:00 UTC” (https://www.spacex.com/launches/)
“NASA and SpaceX plan to launch astronauts to the International Space Station on May 27 (2020), the agency announced April 17.
the spacecraft is scheduled to lift off from Launch Complex 39A on a Falcon 9 rocket at 4:32 p.m. Eastern Time (EDT) (8:30 pm (GMT = UTC)) on May 27, according to NASA.” (src)
- scheduled for: May 27 2020 – Launch time: 20:33 GMT (4:33 p.m. EDT)
- Falcon 9 • Crew Dragon Demo 2
- Launch site: LC-39A, Kennedy Space Center, Florida
- A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch a Crew Dragon spacecraft on its first test flight with astronauts on-board to the International Space Station under the auspices of NASA’s commercial crew program.
- NASA astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken will fly on the Demo-2 mission.
- The Crew Dragon will return to a splashdown at sea. (Delayed from June, July 25, Sept. 21, February, April and May 7. [May 9])
congrats all involved! 🙂
who was also involved?
Hans Koenigsmann obtained his first aerospace engineering degree at the Technical University Berlin in 1989, followed by a Ph. D in Aerospace Engineering and Production Technology at the University of Bremen in 1995.
He began working at the Center of Applied Space Technology and Microgravity at the University of Bremen, where he was in charge of avionics and later management of the BremSat satellite.
After successful launch and the end of the project one year later, he emigrated to California to work for the satellite manufacturer Microcosm Inc.. He met Elon Musk at a rocket launch in the Mojave Desert.
In 2002 Hans Koenigsmann became the fourth technical employee for the newly-founded SpaceX. He was part of the launch team starting as VP of Avionics, then from the third Falcon 1 flight forward was the Launch Chief Engineer. SpaceX promoted him to Vice President of Mission Assurance in 2011 making him been responsible for the safe completion of SpaceX missions.
Hans Koenigsmann was awarded the NASA Distinguished Public Service Medal in 2014. It is the highest form of recognition by NASA for non-Government individuals.
space flight schedule:
let’s not forget “the past”:
more known Russian Soyuz / Союз (meaning “Union”)
the capsule as well as the rocket are called “Soyuz” (wiki) used to be the resupply “workhorse”
less known Japanese htv 9 cargo ship
FlySafe! & GodSpeed!
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!