You might remember the funny scenes from BigBang about the “Wolowitz’s Zero Gravity Human Waste Disposal/Distribution system” #Spaceplumbing X-D (scroll down for that)
now the real shit: Mike Massimino: SpaceShuttle-toilet “WCS” (waste containment system) had a target-toilet-camera system
- Space-Shuttle-toilet was dumping urine out in space
- with sun shining through creates “rainbow” effect “kind o’ cool” and crystalizes to ice
- Space-Shuttle-poop was taken back to Earth
- backup-system: Apollo-adhesive-bags (that would glue to the butt)
- ISS-toilet is recycling urine
- “today’s coffee, is tomorrow’s coffee”
- Space-Shuttle practice-toilet had target-camera to practice the key of space-popping: alignment
- with a mirror they double-checked … that no space-shit was “following”
ISS 360 tour & toilet:
it is pretty strange – despite the fact of growing tensions between Russia and USA on planet earth over Syria and natural gas.
I thought the astronauts and cosmonauts at ISS are on a peace mission – but they are not even sharing a toilet – they only share food on Friday nights.
of course you can do your own 360 virtual tour through the ISS:
US Google Version: https://www.google.com/streetview/#international-space-station
and also here: https://www.youvisit.com/tour/jamado/new_experience_7
mabye stream this video at the same time so you have explanations 🙂
live stream camera and radio chatter from iss: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream
so there are TWO space toilets: (Europe can not afford one) (there are more funny equipment on board: vacuum cleaner and coffee machine)
Russian space toilet:
not sure if that’s the one:
manure can not be recycled – so it get’s stored away in metal containers until the next supply vessel docks… space plumbing.
European Module: has no windows
… well why would you need windows? It would only distract the Astronauts from their mission… seems like either ESA just FORGOTT to put some FUN and COMFORT into this – or there was just no money and “fun” is not in the European vocabulary.
BigBang: Wolowitz Zero Gravity Human Waste Disposal/Distribution system: Space plumbing
now: the real shit: (US space toilet operating instructions explained by italian woman)
oh sh… they sh… into a plastic bag (solid waste sh** container).
3d glasses on tour: