by clicking on this link: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
(wow! this truly shows the power of Open Source / Free Software… complete transparency in development process)
problem: lawyers without social skills WILL destroy the planet and mankind and linux
“Linux’s creator is stepping back from his Linux kernel work — to work instead on his behavior toward other developers.”
This threat has teeth
Eric S. Raymond, one of the open-source concept’s creators, wrote in what’s currently LKML’s most popular message, “This threat has teeth. I researched the relevant law when I was founding the Open Source Initiative. In the US, there is case law confirming that reputational losses relating to conversion of the rights of a contributor to a GPLed project are judicable in law.”
Richard M. Stallman, author of the GPLv2 — the open-source license that governs Linux — is purported to have responded, “The developers of Linux, or any free program, can remove any and all code, at any time, without giving a reason. However, this doesn’t force others to delete that code from their own versions of the program.”
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!