bought by: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_Focus
The company was founded in 1976, and in its early years, concentrated on COBOL products. In 1981, it became the first company to win the Queen’s Award for Industry purely for developing a software product. The product was CIS COBOL, a standard-compliant COBOL implementation for microcomputers.
Cobol is / was largely used to write banking software.
|Traded as||LSE: MCRO|
|Headquarters||Newbury, Berkshire, United Kingdom|
|Products||Enterprise application integration and management software|
|Revenue||US$1.245 billion (2016)|
|US$294.9 million (2016)|
|Profit||US$163.0 million (2016)|
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!