if you are using an MBR partition table then it’s stored in the drive MBR,
if you are using GPT with BIOS then it’s stored in the drive’s protected MBR
if you are using GPT with UEFI then it’s stored on the ESP
if you are chain-loading then you could have boot-data on a partition MBR, and the drive MBR.
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!