It’s really horrible… older and cheap (Siemens?) monitors are not compatible with newer DisplayPort -> DVI or HDMI -> DVI signals.
NO MATTER YOUR SETTINGS!
If there is no output… try a newer monitor… if there is output… you know it’s the monitor.
First i had: IIYAMA @ DVI <- HDMI (works) & SIEMENS @ DVI <- DisplayPort (no signal) now i have: SIEMENS @ DVI <- HDMI (no signal) & IIYAMA @ DVI <- DisplayPort (works, HDMI2 = DisplayPort?) xrandr; # shows me Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1680 x 1050, maximum 8192 x 8192 DP1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) HDMI1 connected 1680x1050+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 474mm x 296mm 1680x1050 59.95*+ 1280x1024 75.02 60.02 1440x900 59.90 1280x960 60.00 1152x864 75.00 1024x768 75.08 70.07 60.00 832x624 74.55 800x600 72.19 75.00 60.32 56.25 640x480 75.00 72.81 66.67 60.00 720x400 70.08 HDMI2 connected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 1600x1200 60.00 + 1280x1024 75.02 60.02 1024x768 75.08 60.00 800x600 75.00 60.32 640x480 75.00 60.00 720x400 70.08 xrandr --output HDMI2 --mode 1024x768; # WOHOO! WE HAVE OUTPUT @ SIEMENS :-D (mirrored) xrandr --output HDMI2 --mode 1600x1200; # it still works :-D xrandr --output HDMI2 --mode 1600x1200 --right-of HDMI1; # EXCELLENT, now the second desktop is actually usable xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 1680x1050 --primary --left-of HDMI2; # to set the IIYAMA@HDMI1 as primary mon
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!