Two Ubuntu VMs 14.04.1 LTS crashed with the same error message.
It seems to be caused by a new feature, that does not work (yet) properly.
“This patch implements an idea from Linus,
to automatically create task groups.”
it should be fixed by disabling the feature via boot-command line.
2) Combination of the broken update-apt-xapian-index cron job, and broken process scheduling in the kernel. Long story short, you need to append ‘noautogroup’ to your boot options, otherwise process niceness will not work. So:
su; # login to your system and become root vim /etc/default/grub; # find the line that says GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT # change this line to: "noautogroup" update-grub; # update grup boot scripts reboot; # reboot the system (yes even linux needs a reboot every once and a while) :-D su; # relogin and test if it worked cat /proc/sys/kernel/sched_autogroup_enable; # 0 = feature disabled
This is safer than using the kernel.autogroup sysctl variable, which may panic some computers.
People first thought it was power-management related.
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!