“it just works”
This is my open source knowledge base. If one had to explain – what is the difference between Open Source and Closed Source software – one would say – Open Source software is (usually) made with love.
Love or not – capitalism keeps spinning faster and faster – and GNU Linux is simply:
- high quality software made, tested, documented and administrated with love and care by technology enthusiasts who believe technology can be used for good
- open source respects your privacy
- secure, robust, resilient, reliable (to the extend that it is “boring”, “boring” = “good”, boring software = good software, unreliable hard- or software or security problems = hacked = stress = bad to the extend that it will threaten the survival of jobs, companies and economies)
- fast & efficient
- easy to install and use (Debian)
- runs on almost all hardware (Debian)
- free as in freedom – not as in free beer
So there is really no reason not to boot it.
Give it a plug & “it-just-works”-test-drive with super fast Debian based IdealLinux boot stick: (new improved version that comes with lvm2):
PS: But yes – also love needs some effort to keep it stable, secure, safe, up to date and running (maintenance).
This OpenSource KnowledgeBase is dedicated to empower you to use OpenSource software – that treat its users fair and protect your privacy.
Feel free to comment and recommend