TTF vs WOFF (Web Open Font Format)
- “TTF (TrueType Font) is a standard developed by Apple in the 1990s”
- “WOFF is basically a compressed TTF with metadata and browser support” (src)
Each version of the format has received the backing of many font vendors,
- Firefox since version 3.6
- Google Chrome since version 6.0
- Internet Explorer since version 9
- Konqueror since KDE 4.4.1
- Microsoft Edge
- Opera since version 11.10 (Presto 2.7.81)
- Safari 5.1
- other WebKit-based browsers since WebKit build 528
- Google Chrome (since version 36),
- Edge (since version 14),
- Opera (since version 26),
- Firefox (since version 35)
- Safari (since version 10).
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!