how long (many hours) will this notebook-laptop battery last?
some sensors/softwares report/calculate things like this…
5days on one charge is a very very optimistic estimate for most intel or amd based notebooks (even for RISC/ARM based notebooks-laptops that would be AWESOME, most phone batteries hardly last longer than 1 day)
so what to do?
- charge up the batt to 100% (after 3 to 5h it should be full)
- disable all “go into standby after x minutes”
- pull the power chord
- run this script and wait for the battery to go 0%
#!/bin/bash echo "=== test battery runtime v1 ===" 2>&1 | tee -a ~/Desktop/battery.runtime.log echo "simply write every second a line to log ~/Desktop/battery.runtime.log" 2>&1 | tee -a ~/Desktop/battery.runtime.log a=0 while true do echo "battery running since $a sec..." 2>&1 | tee -a ~/Desktop/battery.runtime.log a=`expr $a + 1` sync; sleep 1; done
then after a reboot, inspect the log ~/Desktop/battery.runtime.log
holding the count of seconds / 60 = minutes / 60 = hours 🙂 dada the REAL battery runtime of that notebook/laptop
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!