not employed by Oracle in any kind, the only advantage VirtualBox (still) has over all the other virtualization systems: was designed to be cross OS from the start and does that pretty well.
Holy Crap! Google (crazy guys) ported KVM to Windows. The name is misleading. http://github.com/google/Android-emulator-hypervisor-driver-for-amd-processors (src)
# 1 stop all running vms via gui or terminal # 2 stop virtualbox services systemctl stop vboxautostart-service systemctl stop vboxballoonctrl-service systemctl stop vboxdrv systemctl stop vboxweb-service # 3 download latest virtualbox https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads -> pick right version Debian 10 # currently that is wget https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.1.32/virtualbox-6.1_6.1.32-149290~Debian~buster_amd64.deb # run the upgrade dpkg -i virtualbox-6.1_6.1.32-149290~Debian~buster_amd64.deb # reboot system
errors: fatal error: linux/smp_lock.h no such file and directory and: kernel configuration is invalid
tested under Debian 10 (host) trying to install virtualbox additions v 6.1.14 on Debian 11 vm, will not work, VirtualBox needs to be updated on the host! (v6.1.32 installed and works)
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!