straight after (Debian based) GNU Linux OS setup, usually doing those modifications to:
- speed up boot & start of programs
- grub timetout 1sec
- shotcuts for faster start of programs
- in MATE Desktop Alt+F2 -> fox, will start firefox (no need to type the full word)
- make sure every ext3/ext4 on fast SSD/NVMe is filesystem checked on boot
- basic security enhancing by stopping/disabling ssh on boot
- basic tools (gui and non-gui) tools are installed
as wordperss is often messing up special chars when pasting… need to provide it as downloadable file (it’s just text).
lsb_release -d; # tested on Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) mkdir /scripts cd /scripts wget https://dwaves.de/install_basics.sh # checkout what it does less https://dwaves.de/install_basics.sh chmod +x *.sh ./install_basics.sh
GNU Linux Debian – basic simple update.sh script – security-tracker.debian.org tracker status release stable – semi-manual system update method vs full automatic updates – apt can do https now: update /etc/apt/sources.list http -> https
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!