the tech guy in this video says: his “smart” APC UPS – “battery exploded and leaked all over the place”
have two UPS here one from APC and one from EATON.
and the EATON 5PX.
EATON 5PX 2200 pros and cons:
- + high long lasting quality (also the batteries)
- has run very well for every 5 years now and now STILL can bridge around 50min of power failure for one server (150Watts)
- + can handle a lot of load EATON P5X can probably handle 1-5x Servers
- + supports Linux and even XEN hypervisor
- – newer was able to trigger shutdown script under windows server 2012 r2
- need to know: what would be important is to also get the LAN card for it (that could be the problem)
- + EATON is a sponsor supporter of GNU Linux Debian – the easy to install and run anywhere Linux distribution. APC not.
- – a little more expensive
APC Smart UPS 1000 pros and cons:
VA LCD Rackmount 2 HE 230V or SMC1000I-2U
hardware id/vendor id 051D PID 0003 REV 0106
- – felt very sluggish right from the start
- – just with printers they will try to force one to replace batteries every 6 months
- + the latest powerChute v10 software is now also web based (tomcat + java?)
- – in one Amazon rating a guy who apparently knows his stuff said APC is using very cheap elkos / Electrolytic capacitor / Elektrolytkondensator
- maybe a + batteries hot swap capable? (this videos recommends to powerdown / unplug the USV completely)
- + cheaper (but what if one has HIGHLY ACIDIC LEAD ACID ALL OVER THE FLOOR?)
What other USV vendors can be recommended?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!