basically everything that you can do with the super conveniant virtualbox gui you can do from the commandline on a headless server.
# set default vm directory # where all vms should reside in # also if you clone a vm it will be copied in this folder vboxmanage setproperty machinefolder /vms/ # register/add/import vm/make existing vm known to the system VBoxManage registervm /path/to/vm.vbox # unregister vm VBoxManage unregistervm /path/to/vm.vbox # list all registered vms VBoxManage list vms # show info about a particular vm # you can also use the vmid vboxmanage showvminfo vmname # start vm VBoxManage startvm vmName --type headless # should trigger orderly shutdown, if OS is listening to this event # like push of power button VBoxManage controlvm vmName acpipowerbutton # hard off # like pulling power cord VBoxManage controlvm vmName poweroff
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!