tested: 2018-10-17 on CentOS Linux 7.5 (Core)
wget https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox.asc rpm --import oracle_vbox.asc cd /etc/yum.repos.d/ wget https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/rpm/el/virtualbox.repo yum update yum search virtualbox yum install VirtualBox-5.2.x86_64 # if you want/need usb 3.0 extension package wget https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.2.20/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.20.vbox-extpack VBoxManage extpack install Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.20.vbox-extpack
manpage of vboxmanage:
if you have a gui like debian2 mate pre installed:
2. checkout what is the latest version of VirtualBox for your System: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
su; # become root mkdir /software; cd /software; wget https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.2.6/VirtualBox-5.2-5.2.6_120293_el7-1.x86_64.rpm rpm -i VirtualBox-5.2-5.2.6_120293_el7-1.x86_64.rpm; # install # add DefaultNonRootUser to group of vboxusers, to allow usage usermod -a -G vboxusers YourDefaultNonRootUser;
in order to use anything faster than USB 1.1 you will need to install the extension pack.
go to preferences
and hit + to add it
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!