not sure if they fixed the problem and continue VestaCP development (a shame, it was really a very very nice web based gui to admin web and mailsevers)
it should work.
apache2 is processing the request.
nginx and lighttpd do not support .htaccess files, you will have to change their corresponding config files.
1. ssh into your server
2. go into your domain’s public_html directory
cd /home/admin/web/domain-name.com/public_html/ mkdir /home/admin/web/domain-name.com/public_html/protected; # create a folder that will be protected vim index.php; # test file
fill it with:
call it to see the path where to store your .htpasswd
generate it: http://www.htaccesstools.com/htpasswd-generator/
should get a line like:
fill the following file with the generated line:
lets go back to our protected folder
cd /home/admin/web/domain-name.com/public_html/protected; vim .htaccess; # create htaccess file
fill it with this content:
AuthType Basic AuthName "Password Protected Area" AuthUserFile /home/admin/web/domain-name.com/.htpasswd_domain-name Require valid-user
please check your error logs:
hit shift+f to go into “follow mode” = screen updates whenever an error comes in.
to see if ti works… if not check your error log
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!