i love gparted, super nice partition management program.
argh… well i guess nobody is perfect, therefore no human made product can be perfect, therefore to become (at least almost perfect) means to learn how to manage one’s errors 🙂
JF Kennedy “An error does not become a mistake – until you refuse to correct it.” (to refuse to learn is a mistake)
this problem was fixed very quickly.
so here is the fix:
(tested on: Linux DebianGiada 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt7-1 (2015-03-01) x86_64 GNU/Linux)
apt-get install gparted; # install gparted - super nice partition management program gparted-pkexec; # run gparted as root
# if you get an error like, no matter root or non root mount: bad option. Note that moving a mount residing under a shared mount is unsupported. In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so.
you are affected by the bug
apt-get install --only-upgrade udisks2; # if allready installed rmdir: failed to remove ‘/run/udisks2/inhibit-polkit’: Device or resource busy reboot; # i try to reboot and try again sudo gparted; # works :) :) :)
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!