split the files into smaler files (1GB e.g.)
i would create a new screen session on server and run the command in there (so you can logoff/close terminal and it will continue)
screen -S split # create new screen session with name split # split the files into 1GB chunks gzip -c LARGEBACKUP.file | split --suffix-length=5 -b 1073741824 - LARGEBACKUP.file.split.gz # generate md5sum to check if transfered files were ok (will also be transfered) md5sum *.file.split.gz > md5sums.txt # you can have both in one go:
gzip -c LARGEBACKUP.file | split --suffix-length=5 -b 1073741824 - LARGEBACKUP.file.split.gz; md5sum *.file.split.gz > md5sums.txt;
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!