on this lovely blog entry MICAH LEE explains why he moved from ubuntu to debian…
… it’s basically the same, why i refuse to use itunes and ipods.
because they follow the old Micro$oft motto: “we love to limit you”
We don’t want the money… we want the FREEDOM. (money could buy… but often fails)
if you like the minimalistic approach of Debian (the net iso + internet (e.g. in a VirtualBox) will be all that you need to begin with)
you should give your (elderly?) laptop a shot at knoppix.
it’s Debian based, comes with minimalistic lxde window manager = very low-resource consumption (RAM usage was around 128MB = Win95) and presents you a set of useful tools.
E.g. including “minitube” which let’s you search and download youtube videos easily.
Package: minitube (2.2-1 and others)
Native YouTube client
Minitube is a native YouTube client. With it you can watch YouTube videos in a new way: you type a keyword, Minitube gives you an endless video stream.
Minitube does not require the Flash Player.
Minitube is not about cloning the original YouTube web interface, it aims to create a new TV-like experience.
- Homepage [flavio.tordini.org]
liked this article?
- only together we can create a truly free world
- plz support dwaves to keep it up & running!
- (yes the info on the internet is (mostly) free but beer is still not free (still have to work on that))
- really really hate advertisement
- contribute: whenever a solution was found, blog about it for others to find!
- talk about, recommend & link to this blog and articles
- thanks to all who contribute!